In the Community Patch v120 or newer this quest is called "Bloodtongue Must Die!".
- Talk to Officer Rengelwyn again.
- Head back to the cave.
- Walk a long road inside the cave until you find the pirate captain.
- Talk to Captain Bloodtongue to hear out his final words.
- Kill Captain Bloodtongue.
- Return to Officer Rengelwyn and report to him.
According to Scout Menatrin's findings, the pirates were especially active in this region recenly. They are definitely up to no good, so when you see that Officer Rengelwyn wants to talk to you, you can predict what he would say.
He wants to track down and kill Captain Bloodtongue - the leader of the pirates who dwell in the caves. For some reason Rengelwyn is sure that it would stop the pirate invasion. Of course, the officer himself is unwilling to do such a dangerous and dirty job, and his only subordinate is hiding from these pirates. That means that you're in charge for this 'anti-pirate operation' now.
In order to find the 'dread pirate' you should return to the cave where Scout Menatrin is hiding. But now you don't have time to talk to him. So you just pass him by and head further into the cave.
There are several routes to reach Captain Bloodtongue, the easiest of them is shown in the image below. You can find him in the southwestern corner of the cave. The enemies in the maze-like southern part of the cave are Jade Buccaneers and Snappers. Champion Snappers can potentially freeze you for a few seconds, so be careful.
The captain is waiting in what can be called his base. It's a bit strange to find some kind of an office in the fartherst corner of the cave, but maybe that's what these pirates call 'comfortable'.
Since you're not the one who would attack everybody without trying to reason with them, you decide to talk to this seemingly crazy pirate.
Well, he is indeed crazy and all that you've got from reasoning with him is that he wants to kill you now. But that's not the task he can accomplish, so he would be the one to meet his end. Now your war against the pirates seems to be almost complete. At least you can return to Rengelwyn now.
According to the officer, the pirates won't bother the locals for some time, since they have some other things to entertain themselves with. Your task is now complete and Rengelwyn wants nothing more to be done. The only thing that remains uncertain is how long Mentarin would be lingering inside the caves...
Officer Rengelwyn has asked me to eliminate Captain Bloodtongue, the leader of a band of dread pirates.
Bloodtongue is dead. You could say that he earned himself a split lip... Rengelwyn will be very pleased with my work.
Rengelwyn was very pleased with my work. My renown as a warrior grows from day to day.
Rengelwyn was very pleased and he gave me a generous reward.
- Although references are made to 'Captain Bloodmouth' several times, the enemy that you have to kill is definitely named 'Captain Bloodtongue', as is the quest chain. That was fixed in the Community Patch v120. If you have CM patch installed, the pirate would be called 'Captain Bloodtongue' all the way.
- In the earlier versions of Sacred 2 Fallen Angel the cave where most of this chain takes place was split in three small caves. If you're playing Fallen Angel 2.12 or earlier, you'd have to go through the first cave as well as through the second one. You'd find youself on the coast, where a pirate ship is moored. Then you'd have to enter one more cave and that would be the one where you find Captain Bloodtongue.
- The door to the southwest of Bloodtongue is a portal, but cannot be used...until...