Skills and Attributes
The following skills will affect this combat art:
- Dragon Magic Lore - increases transformation casting speed (but not casting speed of the Dragon's special CA's), allows for modification points. Seems to improve the physical armor of the Scales modification (the number increases in CA description) but ironically does not seem to be applied after transforming (the number in Armor overview remains the same) - this is probably a bug.
- Concentration - directly improves regeneration time of Dragon Form
The following attributes will affect this combat art:
- Stamina will lower regeneration time (of the Dragon Form only, not its special CA's)
NO skills or attributes affect the damage or powers of the Dragon or its special CA's.
- Useful in early levels for offensive spells and defensive abilities. The fast flight speed can be used to travel quickly and outrun enemies.
- All of the Dragon Form's innate abilities (and its special CA's) scale with CA level. However, they also scale with character level, meaning a Dragon with only one rune read will be much more powerful when the character is level 50 than when they are level 1. This scaling (partially) makes up for the fact that no attributes or skills increase its power.
- In this form the Dragon Mage's normal combat arts are replaced with special new ones, though he can still use his Divine Gift while in Dragon Form.
- While in Dragon Form he cannot ride a Horse or Draconicon. The Dragon Mage will automatically dismount to shapeshift and cannot re-mount until changing back.
None. Dragon Form can't function as part of a combo as it is a shapeshifting form.
Pros and Cons
- While in Dragon Form the Dragon Mage can cast two fire spells and gains bonuses to damage, armor, attack and defense.
- When cast allows the Dragon Mage to "jump" obstacles normally not allowed.
- If Buffs were cast at a higher level (ie Buff Suit) when spell wears off or is discontinued the buffs will be recast at current unboosted level
- A player cannot open containers, talk to NPCs or use mounts, merchants, smiths or runemasters while in this form. He also cannot use buffs or manage his inventory, CA's or combos.
- No skills, equipment, or attributes affect the powers of the Dragon Form. Only the level of the CA (and higher character level) will increase its power.