Sacred 2:Dual wield
Grants the ability to wield two one-handed weapons. Both the chance to hit with each weapon and the Attack Speed are increased. This skill will replace similar effects from other weapon skills. It will also be easier to use higher-level offhand weapons.
|Attack Speed, +%:||1,9||8,3||14,3||19,2||23,7||27,3||30,7||33,5||34,7||36||39||44,2||48,7||52,7||56,4||59,5||62,5||66,5||69,9||72,9||75,5|
|Double Hit, +%:||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||23||24,5||27,1||29,3||31,4||33,2||34,8||36,3||38,2||39,9||41,4||42,7|
- Grants the chance to land double hits.
- Dual wield skill and bonuses apply only when two weapons are equipped in one weapon slot.
- The Attack, Speed and Item level bonuses will apply only if you are already holding both weapons. Otherwise the weapons will display the relevant penalties, if they exist (and if you don't have the weapon's specific skill).
- Ranged weapons cannot be used in Dual Wield mode.
- Dual Wield will not unlock weapon attributes that require a weapon skill (like "Attack speed (Sword Weapons)"). To get those, it is necessary to have their respective weapon skill.
- Dual Wield does not stack with Sword Weapons or Hafted Weapons. Example: Let's say you have picked dual wield and sword lore skills and you're using two weapons in one slot. In that case, your sword lore skill will only apply to any attribute marked as "Modifier: Sword lore" on any weapon you find. It will not improve the attack speed or the attack value any further.
- "Item Level Without Penalty" reduces the speed penalties for equipping high-level weapons, it doesn't allow equipping weapons above certain threshold (which depends on character level, see Items/Usable Item Levels).
- Item level without penalty is increased by one for every two skill points spent, starting at character level value. It is capped at 250.
- The bonuses are increased in steps as shown in the Dual Wield full table.
The Attack Value bonus at a given skill level x is given fairly precisely by the following formulas:
- 400*(x+1.5)/(x+100) Pre-Mastery
- 600*(x-32.5)/(x+66) Mastery
The Attack Speed bonus at a given skill level x is given fairly precisely by the following formulas:
- 80*(x+1.5)/(x+100) Pre-Mastery
- 120*(x-32.5)/(x+66) Mastery
The bold marked numbers are the smallest upper bounds of this progression, which will never at any skill level be exceeded.
As an example, attack value at x=75: 75 is the first mastery level, so we take the mastery formula and we have
600*(75-32.5)/(75+66) = 600*42.5/141 = 180.85
This value compared with the table value is a good example of the precision the formulas offer.