Key Features of Sacred 2: Fallen Angel
- A huge, seamless and dynamic world that allows for free-form exploration
- Two campaigns: play as the "Light" or "Shadow" side, each complete with specific skills, rewards, and story elements tailored to the chosen path
- Six exceptional, playable characters, each with distinct looks, capabilities, and in-game motivation
- Modifiable combat arts: change and upgrade your character's combat skills as you make choices throughout the game
- Fight effectively from the back of a special mount or horse under your control
- Deities offer unique combat disciplines to players
- The ultimate multiplayer experience: seamless transition between single- and multiplayer gaming modes
- Captivating online modes of play challenge gamers in cooperative and PvP play
- Extraordinary, cutting-edge graphics utilize the latest technologies
- Players can choose from unlimited lives (normal or softcore) or a single life (hardcore) for their characters.
Single Player - The player fights as a solo hero, but will be able to recruit AI-controlled mercenaries.
LAN - The number of players who will be able to play simultaneously in a LAN session typically depends on the capacity of the local server. All multiplayer options will be available. There will be an additional campaign mode for up to four players. Generally, the session server for a LAN game will have to register in the multi-player lobby before starting the game.
Open Games - Online multiplayer games that are connected via the lobby but take place outside the closed Ascaron Net.
Closed Games - Online multiplayer games that are connected via the lobby and take place inside the closed Ascaron Net
Campaign Mode - Up to five players may join to play the campaign. The players will be automatically placed into a party. On the PC version quest progression starts at the point the Host had reached. Any player joining who was not yet at that point will have no quest progression saved to his log. All players in the party obtain credit for the completed quests.
Free Mode - A set number of players may play on one server, with the following options:
- Free play (Player vs. Environment, or PvE) with up to 16 players (platform dependent).
- Player vs. Player (PvP) in groups of up to five players (platform dependent).
Note that only players of the same alignment (Path of Light or Path of Shadows) will be allowed to party.
There are five different levels of difficulty in Sacred 2:
Either Bronze or Silver can be chosen at the start of a game. Bronze is an easier mode of play, suitable for beginning players or those wishing a more relaxed game. Silver is more difficult, and is for more experienced players or those wishing more of a challenge.
In Single Player, you must finish the Main Campaign in Silver in order to progress to Gold, finish Gold to move to Platinum, and finish Platinum to move to Niobium.
Access to the different levels in Multiplayer is based on your character level and previous campaign progress:
Min Level Max Level Bronze 1 60 Silver 1 100 Gold 60 140 Platinum 100 180 Niobium 140 200
- Once your character progresses beyond the maximum level for a difficulty level, you can no longer enter that difficulty level.
- It is possible for a character to enter a difficulty level before reaching the minimum level. This is accomplished by completing the previous difficulty's campaign. (Ex. A level 54 character finishes the silver difficulty. This character can now move into gold difficulty.)