|Goddess of Philosophy and Wisdom (Light)
Forens' divine wisdom fills the hero with inspiration and insight.
||For a brief period, all damage taken will be reflected back to the attacker, who consequently harms himself.|
There is an in-game book that describes the legends and beliefs about Forens. This book is entitled Book 3 - Forens, Goddess of Philosophy.
- Statues of Forens can be found all over Ancaria. Praying near them helps the characters to partially regenerate her Divine Gift - Inspiration.
Have a look through the SacredWiki Map to find out where her statues are located.
- She also has a statue in each of the many Temples of the Gods scattered throughout Ancaria.
Forens is respected in many regions of Ancaria. It's hard to say that one race esteems her more than the other. Her shrines can be found in the Forgotten Gardens where the Seraphim Priestesses spend their time, in Artamark near the Kufferath Castle and even in the Bengaresh Desert.
There are several quests in game that are dedicated to the player character's chosen Deity. The ones dedicated to Forens are:
- Desecrated Gods (Forens) in Artamark
- Parched Gods: Forens in Bengaresh Desert
- Green Gods: Forens in Dyr Lain
Possible references for this Deity's name or background
- Her name was probably derived from the english word ' Forensic ', or latin ' Forensis ', that have the same meaning.
- The other possible reason behind her name is the latin word ' Foris ' that has the meaning of a city gate. The meaning shifted a bit to places outside the city gates. Therefore the people from outside the city gate were called ' Forenses '. As Forens' book describes her as a traveller, this explanation has a possibility to be true.
- Forens can be chosen by all the characters except for the Inquisitor.
Return to Deities