NOTE: The contents of this page are exclusive content found only by installing the player-made mega-mod Diablo 2 Fallen.
The Hitpoints, Chance to hit, Damage and Armor noted above of the Ice Hydra are dependent on the level of the Ice Hydra. Stats will scale based on the Ice Hydra's level. Use the above stats as a guideline.
- This enemy is an replacement for the original Ice Hydra. It is much larger and more powerful, and has been upgraded from elite to boss status. In the vanilla game the Ice Hydra also appeared as part of the Northland Expedition chain quest; but in Diablo 2 Fallen the Ice Hydra will only appear in the Christmas quest. It is replaced by the Fury Broodmother in the Northland quest.
- The Ice Hydra has a very high resistance (damage mitigation) to ice damage, even beyond what is suggested from its armor tooltip. This makes it very hard to kill with ice.
- The Ice Hydra has a very high hidden "sensitivity" to fire damage, making it by far the best element to use against it.
- Ice Cloud - launches a medium-sized cone of frost that causes ice damage and ice DOT and debuffs your movement speed for 5 seconds.
- Blind - a curse that severely penalizes the player's attack speed and attack rating for 10 seconds. Indicated by a black cloud around the character's head. Causes no damage.
- Freezing Hard Hit - evidenced by blue trails when it attacks, this is a hard hit attack with boosted attack rating and damage that debuffs your movement speed for a few seconds.
- Arctic Blast - similar to the Druid's spell of the same name, this spell launches an ice blast that pushes you back. If you're far away when it's cast, it can hit like a shotgun due to the narrow focused blast. Avoid at all costs.
Back to the D2F Boss List