||The Shadow Warrior will temporarily become invisible. When he executes short-range attacks or casts spells there is a chance Shadow Veil will be lifted, rendering him visible. Chance to become visible lessens as the Combat Art level is increased.
- Astral Lord
Innate Abilities (Lvl 1)
- Chance of not being detected while casting spells: 1.0% (increases with CA level)
- Stealth: 35
- Duration: 20.1 seconds
- Cooldown + Regeneration Time: 60.0s + 1.9s = 61.9 seconds
- See also: Sacred 2:Combat Art Modifications
- Creep - Opponents have to get closer to detect the Shadow Warrior while he is walking amongst them with Shadow Veil active. (+100% effectiveness, doubles the 'Stealth' property)
- Avoidance - Reduces the effects of incoming detrimental spells. (3% + 2% per Combat Art level reduction of detrimental magic effects)
- Nimble - Increases run speed while Shadow Veil is active. (10% + 0.2% per Combat Art level)
- Fade - Greatly reduces the detection radius while casting spells. (+50% + 1% per Combat Art level chance to avoid detection)
- Sinister Pact - The effect of Shadow Veil is permanent rather than temporary. (changed to Buff)
- Shadowmaster - Significantly reduces the regeneration time of Shadow Veil. (50% decrease)
|Shadow Veil without Modifications
Skills and Attributes
The following skills will affect this combat art:
The following attributes will affect this combat art:
- Stamina will lower regeneration time
- Great for completing any non-escort quest including main storyline.
- Once a player has 100% invisibility, they may use any Combat Art with immunity (see note about summons in "Cons").
- Once a player has 100% invisibility, stealth cannot be broken by the use of any ranged weapons, and will continue to operate.
Pros and Cons
- At level 25 a player will have 100% invisibility if Creep and Fade modifications are chosen.
- Allows completion of any non-escort quest easily
- Allows a player to open boss chests without having to engage the boss
- While Shadow Veil is active, any quest escort will receive all aggro from enemies.
- If a players uses Rallied Souls or Nether Allegiance, any damage that a player's summoned creature suffers from an enemy AoE spell or via reflected damage, will also damage the player. This also includes any quest NPC's a player is escorting.
No modifications, no skills, naked, all stats between 25 and 35 (i.e. a nearly-new character).
Before Ice & Blood expansion Enhanced Perception skill was needed to detect cloaking enemies (lot of bosses also had EP skill, easly breaking the invisibility effect).
||Cooldown Time (s)
||Regen Time (s)
||Total Wait (s)
||% Chance Not Detected While Casting