Adds a base resistance for each type of damage and reduces incoming damage.
|Damage Mitigation, %:||0,4||2||3,5||4,8||5,9||6,8||7,5||8,3||8,6||12||13||14,6||16,2||17,6||18,8||19,8||20,8||22,1||23,3||24,3||25,1|
(Full table contains old Fallen Angel values, see notes below).
- This skill was buffed with the Ice & Blood exapansion release. The armor and mitigation values were 25% lower in Fallen Angel.
- The exact mitigation values might be a couple tenths off compared to in-game display due to the internal game rounding. But generally, the Damage Mitigation bonus is always equal to the Armor bonus/10.
- At Level 75 Toughness significantly improves damage reduction.
- Mastery of Toughness skill adds "Damage Mitigation: All Channels +x%" modifier which sums up with other damage mitigation modifiers the character has from equipment and CAs. If damage mitigation of particular damage type reaches 100% the character becomes immune to all damage of that time including DoT.
- Armor per Damage Type bonus is increased by Armor Lore.
- The bonuses are increased in steps as shown in the Toughness full table (contains original Fallen Angel values, refer to the Notes section above).
The Armor per Damage Type bonus at a given skill level x is given fairly precisely by the following formulas:
- 153.15*(x+1.05)/(x+103.1) Pre-Mastery
- 300*(x-32.5)/(x+66) Mastery
The Opponents' Damage reduction bonus at a given skill level x is given fairly precisely by the following formulas:
- 15.32*(x+1.05)/(x+103.1) Pre-Mastery
- 30*(x-32.5)/(x+66) Mastery
The bold marked numbers are the smallest upper bounds of this progression, which will never at any skill level be exceeded.
As an example, armor value at x=75: 75 is the first mastery level, so we take the mastery formula and we have
400*(75-32.5)/(75+66) = 400*42.5/141 = 90.42
This value compared with the table value is a good example of the precision the formulas offer.