NOTE: The contents of this page are exclusive content found only by installing the player-made mega-mod Diablo 2 Fallen.
Skills and Attributes
The following skills will affect this combat art:
The following attributes will affect this combat art:
- Stamina will lower regeneration time.
- Enemies may detect the Assassin if he walks too close to them but this will not break the cloaking effect. These enemies will attack but Cloak of Shadows and its modifiers will remain active. The chance to remain hidden from enemies increases with level and will increase even faster with investment in the skill Shadow Disciplines Lore. Once Cloak of Shadows reaches level 10 or so, enemies will never detect the Assassin unless they have the Enhanced Perception skill.
- Only the Assassin can prematurely break the cloaking effect. Using melee attacks always breaks the effect. When using ranged attacks or spells, there's a chance to remain cloaked which increases with level. Once this value reaches 100% (around level 15) the Assassin will never prematurely break the effect unless he uses melee attacks.
- The duration increases very slowly with CA level. It gains 1 second every 20 levels. If the Lurk mod is chosen, the cooldown will be reduced to 50 seconds. This means once Cloak of Shadows reaches level 100 the duration will catch up with the cooldown. Around this point the Assassin can begin to maintain Cloak of Shadows constantly (if regen times have been kept low and invisibility is kept high).
Pros and Cons
- Allows completion of any non-escort quest easily
- Allows a player to open boss chests without having to engage the boss
- While Cloak of Shadows is active, any quest escort will receive all aggro from enemies.