|God of War (Shadow)
He protects the soldiers and grants them the determination necessary to persist in battle.
|Kuan's Divine Gift: Kuan's Breath
||All creatures on the battle field feel Kuan's Breath. Their recklessness causes them to kill everything in their path. Friend or foe, there will be no distinction: all will be annihilated.|
Kuan, the God of War, fills all opponents within reach with a blood rage. They are unable to distinguish between friend and foe rendering them easy prey for a true warrior.
The God of War confuses all nearby opponents making them attack each other. They lose focus on the player and will deal damage to each other (though the Damage Details option to show damage as it's dealt will not show this). The same enemies can still be attacked by (and may still attack) the player.
- Regeneration Time: 1200 seconds (20 minutes)
- Does Not Affect Targets Above Level: 2
- Duration: 20.5 seconds
Using Kuan's Breath: This skill is a great way to help clear the screen of enemies (they kill each other off) and take the heat off of the player if they are becoming overwhelmed. However, when the player's Survival Bonus begins to boost enemy levels far above the player's level, this divine gift will stop affecting enemies. Therefore, without taking the Divine Devotion skill, Kuan's Breath can become completely useless in Gold difficulty and above.
|Kobolds Taken by Kuan's Breath
Return to Deities
There is an in-game book that describes the legends and beliefs about Kuan. This book is entitled Book 5 - Kuan, God of War.
- Statues of Kuan can be found all over Ancaria. Praying near them helps the characters to partially regenerate his Divine Gift - Kuan's Breath.
Have a look through the SacredWiki Map to find out where her statues are located.
- He also has a statue in each of the many Temples of the Gods scattered throughout Ancaria.
The traveller can meet a follower of Kuan in almost any part of Ancaria. Though he is most respected by the Orks of Nor Plat.
Kuan encourages his followers to battle the tough enemies in order to improve themselves, so if the character meets the Kuan Priest, he should be prepared for the hard task. For example, Kuan Priest Omalgar who can be found near the Noriath Temple would propose the adventurers to battle the powerful White Griffin.
There are several quests in game that are dedicated to the player character's chosen Deity. The ones dedicated to Kuan are:
Possible references for this Deity's name or background
- The possible reason behind his name is Guan Yu, a Chinese general who was deified and became a Deity much close to the God of War. He is still worshipped by many Chinese people today, and is one of the most famous Chinese Deities. There were many attempts to adapt the Chinese name to the English and German spelling. So in various sources Guan Yu may also be called Kuan Yu or Kwang Yu. Some legends also refer to this Chinese God as Kuan Kung or Kuan Ti.
- Kuan can be chosen by all the characters except for the Seraphim.