Magic damage type is one of the five basic Elemental Damage and resistance types. Magic damage can be used as damage via melee/ranged and in magical combat by choosing Combat Arts with the element a player has strategically chosen to use against select opponents.
Magic, in the form of a Magic Pearl can be forged into weapons or armor which will increase the weapon's chance to successfully inflict Chance for Weaken which is a Secondary Damage Effect as well as a Detrimental magic effects. If so socketed, blue arcs of energy will travel up and down the weapon with a pulsing glow at it's head. If, Chance for Weaken is successful, it will reduce an enemy's Attributes by approximately 20% for a short period of time.].
Magic, as well, can be a default damage type of some class's Combat Arts. Depending upon the chosen combat art, it may even be mixed with other, different, damage types. For example, the Dryad's Malicious Totem's elemental damage type starting composition is 65% Physical/35% Poison. This means that each of the darts that hits, has a very good chance of inflicting Chance for Poison as the percentage of poison damage type in that combat art is 65%.
Increasing a player's Magic resistance via armor or forging rings or amulets into worn gear or weapons can also decrease damage done by incoming magic attacks from opponents via their melee, ranged or spell. Players should always attempt to use magic damage type against enemies who have the least resistance to it. Using magic damage type via weapon/ranged or spell versus an enemy who has tremendous ,magic resistance can reduce a player's damage by a minimum of 50 percent!