||Causes fire damage and decreases opponents’ fire resistance within a certain radius. Allied players receive a bonus to ice resistance. If the combat art Icy Evanescence is active within range, the spell with the higher level will cancel the weaker one.
This is a Spell Damage Based Combat Art.
- See also: Sacred 2:Combat Art Modifications
- Incinerate - Increases fire damage within range. (50% increase)
- Scald - Reduces opponents' Attack Speed. (20% + 0.5% per CA level decrease)
- Frost Protection - Reduces Ice damage even more. (20% + 0.1% per Combat Art level damage mitigation)
- Churn - Further decreases opponents' fire resistance. (20% + 0.1% per Combat Art level decrease)
- Conservation - Decreases the regeneration time. (Relative reduction of the Regeneration Time. ~33.6% reduction at CA level 1, 43% at CA level 50, 50% at CA level 100. Does not affect Cooldown time.)
- Note: This is called Energy Efficiency in the console version.
- Sustain - Increases the duration of Fiery Ember. (5.0 seconds + 0.1 seconds per CA level, a 50% increase)
|Fiery Ember without Modifications
Skills and Attributes
The following skills will affect this combat art:
- Concentration - directly reduces regeneration time for this combat art.
- Combat Discipline - will increase the damage of this combat art and lower its regeneration time if it is placed in a combo.
- Ancient Magic - directly increases the damage and reduces enemies' resistance to the damage of this combat art (skill is only available to Temple Guardian with CM Patch).
The following attributes will affect this combat art:
- Stamina will lower regeneration time
- A player may gather as large a mob as possible, casting Fiery Ember while being attacked. If done successfully, each monster will be damaged by several of the damage points/volcanoes, resulting in significantly increased damage, as well as effecting a chance to set monsters on fire with Chance for Burn, etc.
- Due to its reduction to enemy fire resists, it's useful to cast Fiery Ember before attacking with CA's like Furious Emblazer or fire-damage weapons socketed with lava chunks.
- Fiery Ember has a wide radius that can be increased even further with +combat art range item modifiers, killing everything on the screen.
Pros and Cons
- Can be useful against very large mobs that are not moving, for example enemies within melee range
- Fire resist reduction can be useful when paired up with a fire High Elf
- Damage mitigation protects against ice spells and melee attacks
- Very low initial damage
- The effect is a stationary circle and will provide no benefits if the Temple Guardian leaves it and will not deal damage to enemies outside of the radius.
- 15 second cooldown is fixed (not modified by Concentration, Source Warden Focus or Stamina) in addition to the regeneration time.
Temple Guardian's CAs Fiery Ember and Icy Evanescence increase target's vulnerability to Ice or Fire; High Elf's Buff Crystal Skin has "Feel Cold" modification that causes all targets in close vicinity to the caster to be more vulnerable to Ice Damage. These CAs cause all enemies in Area of Effect to have modifier "Damage Vulnerability Ice/Fire +x%" which not only removes these enemies' resistance to Damage but can decrease it below zero, causing CAs to deal more damage than the value stated in CA description. These CAs do not affect target's Armor, but decrease "Damage Mitigation" modifier by fixed percentage (not by percent of target's mitigation like Ancient Magic).
- Duration is 10 + 0.05*CA level seconds and 15 + 0.1*CA level seconds with Sustain.
- Fire resistance reduction is 10% + 0.2%*CA level and 30% + 0.3%*CA level with Churn.
- Ice damage mitigation is 10% + 0.2%*CA level and 30% + 0.3%*CA level with Frost Protection.
- Range is 15 + 0.075*CA level meters.
- Hits 0.8 + 0.004*CA level times per second.
||Fire Resistance (Opponent)