Skills and Attributes
The following skills will affect this combat art:
The following attributes will affect this combat art:
- Stamina will lower regeneration time of Dragon Berserk (but not the regeneration time of his special CA's)
- Neither Strength nor Intelligence increase his damage
- All of the Dragon Berserk's innate abilities (and his special CA's) scale with CA level. However, they also scale with character level, meaning a Dragon Berserk with only one rune read will be much more powerful when the character is level 50 than when they are level 1. This scaling (partially) makes up for the fact that no attributes or skills increase his power.
- Suggested modifications are Fury, Steal Life, and Blood Frenzy. These will increase his offensive powers massively. The other modifications all work to increase the duration - they are unneccessary as hits already make the form last longer even without mods. Landing hits faster, harder, and more reliably is more important.
- In Bronze and Silver, the Dragon Berserk can go toe-to-toe with most bosses and be used as a boss-slayer due to high life steal and offensive power.
- In this form the Dragon Mage's normal combat arts are replaced with special new ones, though he can still use his Divine Gift while in Berserk form.
- Needless to say the Dragon Berserk cannot ride a Horse or Draconicon. The Dragon Mage will automatically dismount to shapeshift and cannot re-mount until changing back.
Dragon Berserk can't function as part of a combo as it is a shapeshifting form
Pros and Cons
- Extremely powerful in lower difficulty levels, especially with the Life Leech ability enhanced with Steal Life mod.
- With the Frenzy modifications, hits can easily sustain the Dragon Berserk form. But even without them, so long as the Dragon Berserk remains in combat and able to land hits, he can sustain the form indefinitely.
- The Community Patch significantly improves the offensive and defensive powers of the Dragon Berserk while granting him access to potions, buff slots, and alchemy trophies, making the Dragon Berserk viable even in higher difficulties.
- A player cannot open containers, talk to NPCs or use mounts, merchants, smiths or runemasters while in this form. He also cannot manage his inventory, CA's or combos.
- Without the Community Patch, the Dragon Berserk suffers significantly in offensive and defensive capability in Platinum and Niobium.
- No skills, equipment, or attributes affect the powers of the Dragon Berserk. Only the level of the CA (and higher character level) will increase his power.