Sacred 2:Darting Assault
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a Weapon Damage Based Combat Art.
Skills and Attributes
The following skills will affect this combat art:
- Tactics Lore - indirectly, it increases weapon damage and critical chance, thus making Darting Assault hit harder, also allows for modification points.
- Capricious Hunter Focus - reduces regeneration time and allows for higher level combat art without penalty, allows for modification points.
- Any weapon lore (such as Ranged Weapons) - will indirectly increase this combat art's execution speed, damage and chance to hit, and will allow the equippng of higher level weapons used to execute this combat art.
- Concentration - will lower this combat art's regeneration time.
- Combat Discipline will increase its Damage and reduce its regeneration time if this Combat Art is placed within a combo. This increase in Damage is direct; it increases the +xx% that the CA adds to base damage.
- Speed Lore will increase its Chance to Hit indirectly by increasing a player's attack rating.
- Damage Lore - will improve the chance, duration, and strength of any secondary damage effects triggered by Darting Assault, based on the damage types on the equipped weapon (open wounds, poisoning, etc.).
The following attributes will affect this combat art:
- Strength will increase damage for melee weapons, and chance to hit
- Dexterity will increase damage for ranged weapons (and some melee weapons), and chance to hit
- Intelligence will increase damage for for magic staves
- Stamina will lower regeneration time
- Main killing Combat Art for a ranged Dryad
- Rotate is an extremely good mod to take. It makes the attack turn into a basically 360 degree Area of Effect.
- BUG: On the console version, Darting Assault does not take into account the Intelligence boost from Acute Mind if wielding a magic staff. The display will say that this is the case, but tested in game numbers prove it other wise.
Pros and Cons
- Very strong Area of Effect attack
- Works very well with ranged weapons
- In the Ice and Blood expansion, taking Magic Staffs as a skill will make the range on this Combat Art extremely far (off screen!). It will furthermore fire an unlimited amount of (invisible) projectiles at once, hitting every single target in range, even those behind walls. This is likely an unintended exploit.
- Looks great when working with Life Leech or Regen per Hit gear.
- Also has an impressive visual effect when mounted - the Monitor Lizard will rear up and smash enemies with its claws (see gallery below).
- Not very effective using melee weapons.
- Until the gold mod for Rotate is taken, the attack only fires in front of the dryad.