Sacred 2:Deathly Spears
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a Spell Damage Based Combat Art.
Skills and Attributes
The following skills will affect this combat art:
- Devout Guardian Focus - reduces regeneration time and allows for higher level combat art without penalty, allows for modification points.
- Concentration - will lower this combat art's regeneration time.
- Combat Discipline - will increase the damage and lower its regeneration time if it is placed in a combo.
- Ancient Magic - increases the damage and lowers opponent's resistances to its damage (skill is available with CM Patch only).
- The appropriate Weapon lore (such as Hafted Weapons when the Temple Guardian is wielding an axe) - will increase the casting speed.
- Damage Lore - will improve the chance, duration, and strength of the secondary damage effects triggered by Deathly Spears: Open Wounds, Burning (if Singe mod is taken) and Weaken (if Occult mod is taken).
The following attributes will affect this combat art:
- Stamina will lower regeneration time
- Deathly Spears makes an excellent area of effect attack (AoE). It can be used in combos with Fiery Ember, Icy Evanescence and Charged Grid.
- Bronze mod Batter is more defensive, as it will knock back enemies out of melee range. Note, however, that this will momentarily knock enemies safely out of range of subsequent waves of spikes, slightly decreasing the damage potential. Gore is the more offensive choice, for a Temple Guardian that expects to stay in the thick of battle and take damage.
- The Jab Gold mod will increase its effectiveness as an AoE attack as well as a single target boss attack. The extra waves of Jab can continue to go off after the Temple Guardian has cast Deathly Spears, so he may use other Combat Arts while it is in effect. Eventually Jab will add so many waves of spikes, the Temple Guardian will be able to have multiple castings of Deathly Spears going simultaneously.
- Note that, like all combat arts in the Devout Guardian aspect, Deathly Spears uses weapon attack speed. Even though the weapon itself isn't used for this CA, higher weapon speed = faster execution of Deathly Spears. Therefore, taking a weapon lore skill is important to maximize the potential of Deathly Spears.
Pros and Cons
- Can produce a high amount of damage
- Deathly Spears is considered an area of attack spell and can be used against "cloaked" mobs/players
- Great for both single target and multiple target encounters
- Must be at high levels to see good results
- The Jab mod is almost a "must-have" for this Combat Art which is the final gold mod, this can take time to reach since there are so many other important mods to take for the Temple guardian within the Devout Guardian aspect