|| This Combat Art is a (Buff)|
Improves physical armor rating and provides ice damage mitigation from enemies. Slightly increases the regeneration speed of all combat arts within the aspect Mystic Stormite while the buff is active. Crystal Skin cannot be used in conjunction with Incandescent Skin.
- See also: Sacred 2:Combat Art Modifications
- Freeze - Slows movement rate of opponents in close combat range. (19.8% + 0.2% per CA level slow)
- Glacial Mirror - Increases the chance to reflect incoming detrimental magical effects. (8% + 0.4% per CA level chance to reflect combat arts)
- Feel Cold - Reduces the opponent's resistance against ice damage. (20% + 0.5% per CA level reduction)
- Focalize - Increases the spell intensity of all 3 aspects and their combat arts. (30% + 1% per CA level increase)
- Mystic Stormite Expertise - Decreases the regeneration time for the Mystic Stormite aspect. (26.7% + 1.3% per CA level decrease)
- Frosty Breeze - Additionally increases ice damage. (50% + 2% per CA level increase)
|Crystal Skin without Modifications
Skills and Attributes
The following skills will affect this combat art:
- Armor Lore - will indirectly increase the Physical Resistance bonus by a percentage (after it is added to the player's other sources of armor).
The following attributes will affect this combat art:
- Stamina will lower regeneration time
- Provides a surprisingly large amount of physical resistance, especially when used with Armor Lore.
- The Mystic Stormite Expertise gold mod provides a scaling regeneration bonus that will improve with additional runes. This is most useful early in a character's life when regeneration time balancing is difficult. This mod becomes less useful over time however, as the Crystal Skin CA has a built-in reduction of Mystic Stormite regeneration times already, and the natural progression of a character in higher levels means drastically decreased regeneration times in general.
- The Frosty Breeze gold mod provides a scaling damage bonus that will improve with additional runes. This is most useful late in a character's life when a percentage based increase in damage means tens to hundreds of points in additional ice damage.
- The Focalise mod increases spell intensity for all Combat Arts, not just Mystic Stormite.
- The Feel Cold mod is very powerful, but also has a very limited range. The High Elf has to be quite near the target for it to become affected by the resistance reduction, limiting its usefulness against ranged enemies.
Pros and Cons
- It will directly reduce the regeneration times for the Mystic Stormite aspect
- Good spell reflection bonus
- Great ice damage mitigation
- Harms the regeneration times of all combat arts
- Slightly difficult to balance between level and combat art regeneration times
Temple Guardian's CAs Fiery Ember and Icy Evanescence increase target's vulnerability to Ice or Fire; High Elf's Buff Crystal Skin has Feel Cold modification that causes all targets in close vicinity to the caster to be more vulnerable to Ice Damage. These CAs cause all enemies in Area of Effect to have modifier "Damage Vulnerability Ice/Fire +x%" which not only removes these enemies' resistance to Damage but can decrease it below zero, causing CAs to deal more damage than the value stated in CA description. These CAs do not affect target's Armor, but decrease Damage Mitigation modifier by fixed percentage (not by percent of target's mitigation like Ancient Magic).
|Beginning the Casting
||Completing the Casting