Jump to navigation Jump to search
Skills and Attributes
The following skills will affect this combat art:
- Dragon Magic Lore - improves the Hitpoint bonus but not the Willpower or Intelligence bonuses. Increases casting speed, allows for modification points.
- Dragon Magic Focus - reduces regeneration time penalty and allows for higher level combat art without penalty, allows for modification points.
- Concentration - directly improves regeneration time penalty.
The following attributes will affect this combat art:
- Stamina will lower regeneration time.
- Useful for any spellcaster Dragon Mage build, and for a build fighting with Magic Staffs.
- Recommended not to take the bronze mod Insight due to its effect overriding any other sources of +Experience per kill. (Only valid if playing without or with a previous version of the CM Patch other than v1.60, which fixed this.)
- Bronze mod Firebug is a better choice, but it will only affect one CA: Dragon Strike (also Destroyer with CM Patch). It will also affect fire damage on weapon attacks. It will not affect damage of Eternal Fire or the shapeshifting forms.
- Taking the gold mod Energy Flux can negate most or even all of this buff's Regeneration Penalty
Pros and Cons
- Intelligence bonus boosts the damage of all the Dragon Mage's combat arts, and magic staff damage.
- Willpower bonus grants a high Spell Resistance.
- Limited usefulness of Bronze mods (see above)