Sacred 2:Jolting Touch
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a Spell Damage Based Combat Art.
Skills and Attributes
The following skills will affect this combat art:
- Lost Fusion Lore - improves combat art damage (including damage from the Life Leech modification), critical chance and casting speed, allows for modification points.
- Lost Fusion Focus - reduces regeneration time and allows for higher level combat art without penalty, allows for modification points.
- Concentration - directly reduces regeneration time for this combat art.
- Combat Discipline - will increase the damage of this combat art and lower its regeneration time if it is placed in a combo.
- Ancient Magic - directly increases the damage and reduces enemies' resistance to the damage of this combat art (skill is only available to Temple Guardian with CM Patch).
- Damage Lore - will improve the chance, duration, and strength of Weaken (secondary damage effect) triggered by Jolting Touch's magic damage.
The following attributes will affect this combat art:
- Stamina will lower regeneration time
- Note: On Consoles, due to a bug the silver Self Repair mod will heal the enemy instead of a player.
- Jolting Touch already has an innate ability to recharge combat arts that are regenerating, but it is fixed at 0.5 seconds. The Voltage silver modification will boost it and continue to increase it per CA level.
- Damage from the bronze mod Life Leech cannot be resisted by enemies, so it will always heal the Temple Guardian to the fullest effect. Choosing this can make the silver mod Self Repair somewhat unneccessary, unless the Temple Guardian is often extremely wounded and in need of healing.
- The Shelter gold mod provides scaling damage mitigation as Combat Art level increases and allows 100% mitigation at approximately Combat Art level 150, making it a popular choice for the gold mod.
- The Flux gold mod is the offensive choice. It provides more ticks of damage within a single cast and as the duration of Jolting Touch increases with CA level, it can eventually reach 6-7 ticks per cast. Meaning more occurrences of all the related effects, like the CA regeneration, the bronze mod Life Leech or the silver mod Self Repair.
- Jolting Touch is very useful for both melee and caster Temple Guardians. However, players that prefer to stay ranged should be prepared to go into melee range to use this CA. Luckily Jolting Touch provides powerful buffs to the player and debuffs to the enemy.
Pros and Cons
- Can provide significant Damage Mitigation, Life leech, Energy leech and healing if modded appropriately
- Payback stacks with reflection from other Combat Arts as well as equipment
- After activating Jolting Touch the Temple Guardian can safely retreat from the rooted enemy
- If cast repeatedly in quick succession on the same enemy, can leave them nearly completely paralyzed, incapable of attacking or moving, including bosses
- Requires going into melee range to touch the enemy
- Duration is 3 + 0.02*CA level seconds (increases root duration and potentially allows more damage ticks once it increases enough, depending on damage frequency)
- Attack speed reduction is 30 + 1*CA level percentage points (stacks multiplicatively, not additively and multiple casts on the same enemy stack, possibly slowing down the enemy attack speed to a crawl)
- Damage frequency is 1 and 1.334 hits per second with Flux
- Chance to root is always guaranteed (100%)
- Energy Leech (Regen per hit) is 0.5 and 0.5 + (0.2 + 0.01*CA level) seconds with Voltage