Sacred 2:Pelting Strikes
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a Weapon Damage Based Combat Art.
Skills and Attributes
The following skills will affect this combat art:
- Tactics Lore - indirectly, it increases weapon damage and critical chance, thus making Pelting Strikes hit harder, also allows modification points.
- Exalted Warrior Focus - reduces regeneration time and allows for higher level combat art without penalty, allows for modification points.
- Any weapon lore (such as Sword Weapons when the Seraphim is wielding a sword) - will indirectly increase this combat art's execution speed, damage and chance to hit, and will allow the equippng of higher level weapons used to execute this combat art.
- Concentration - will lower this combat art's regeneration time.
- Combat Discipline - will increase the damage of this combat art and lower its regeneration time if it is placed in a combo. This increase in damage is direct; it increases the +xx% that the CA adds to base damage.
- Speed Lore - will increase its chance to hit indirectly by increasing a player's attack rating.
- Damage Lore - will improve the chance, duration, and strength of any secondary damage effects triggered by Pelting Strikes, based on the damage types on the equipped weapon (open wounds, burning, etc.).
The following attributes will affect this combat art:
- Strength will increase damage for melee weapons, and chance to hit
- Dexterity will increase damage for ranged weapons (and some melee weapons), and chance to hit
- Intelligence will increase damage for magic staves
- Stamina will lower regeneration time
- This can be used by all different forms of weapons.
- One-handed weapons will allow more hits made, where as two-handed weapons hit 2 or 3 times.
- Works well against groups and single targets (bosses).
- Pelting Strikes can be used in a combo for great success with Soul Hammer and/or Assailing Somersault.
- When dual wielding weapons, Pelting strikes hits 6 times, but the damage of all the hits is based purely on the damage and damage types present on the main hand weapon. Despite visually striking with both weapons, the off-hand weapon is not used besides just adding the additional hits. So make sure that you have your highest damage one in the right (main) hand.
Pros and Cons
- Very effective in any encounter
- Combined with a high regen per hit, it is possible for a single usage to recharge all of the users Combat Arts
- Requires a weapon
- As a weapon-based combat art, it can miss
- The armor reduction from the gold mod Indentation applies only once. So even if multiple hits strike the same target, the armor won't be reduced more with further hits.
- Duration (which?) is 1.5 + 0.01*CA-Lvl.
- Weapon damage multiplier is 0.9 + 0.003*CA-Lvl and 1.05 + 0.004*CA-Lvl with Thrust.
- Damage modifier is increased by 32 + 8*CA-Lvl percentage points.