||A pillar of intense, bright light will appear from the heavens and strike down onto the target area. Adaptations include one short burst against a single strong enemy or a devastating area attack against groups of enemies.
This is a Spell Damage Based Combat Art.
- See also: Sacred 2:Combat Art Modifications
- Hypnosis - Attracts opponents to the center of the pillar. (Periodically pulls in a random enemy within a ~6.75m area (guess))
- Delude - Reduces opponents' attack values within the area of effect. (650 + 10 per CA level, see below)
- Brightness - Increases the area of effect. (33.3% increase)
- Conserve - Increases duration of Radiant Pillar. (50% increase)
- Magnify - Increase damage of Radiant Pillar. (35.7% increase (guess))
- Ordeal - Inflicts twice as much damage when the opponent's health has fallen below a threshold value. (Opponent Level for Deathblow; threshold is 25% + 0.?% per CA level of max health)
|Radiant Pillar without Modifications
Skills and Attributes
The following skills will affect this combat art:
- Concentration - directly reduces regeneration time for this combat art.
- Combat Discipline - will increase the damage of this combat art and lower its regeneration time if it is placed in a combo.
The following attributes will affect this combat art:
- Stamina will lower regeneration time
- Damage of Radiant Pillar is affected by Intelligence, so you need to invest in this attribute to make it effective.
- Bronze choices: Hypnosis may be considered useful if followed by Flaring Nova, Archangel's Wrath (explosion mod), BeeEffGee (pierce mod). The enemy currently being pulled in is also disabled and can't move or act until they've reached the center of the Pillar. Otherwise Delude is a very good option especially when combined with Baneful Smite with another attack value reduction mod.
- Silver choices: Duration will come naturally with leveling. It will eventually be longer than you ever need. Therefore taking Brightness seems like a better choice than Conserve.
- Gold choices: Ordeal effect can be easily obtained with items (in Fallen Angel only, this was changed in the Ice & Blood expansion). Straight damage from Magnify is a very good choice, especially early on. The threshold for Deathblow from Ordeal starts relatively low but increases with CA level and once enemy health reaches that point, any further damage from Radiant Pillar is doubled, making it very effective at finishing off damaged enemies.
- The Delude mod uses a particular formula to calculate the attack value reduction: 1-1/(1+(650+10*CA lvl)/1000). For level 1, this gives 1-1/(1+(650+10*1)/1000 = 39.8% reduction, level 10 gives 1-1/(1+(650+10*10)/1000 = 42.9% reduction, level 50 gives 1-1/(1+(650+10*50)/1000 = 53.5% reduction.
Pros and Cons
- Great ability to cause area of effect damage
- Very useful debuff ability on both mobs and bosses
- The only spell in the game after the Ice & Blood expansion that can still trigger Deathblow with Ordeal.
- The cast time of this combat art is a bit slow early on
- It is a stationary spell, if the target moves out of its damage range, its useless
- Duration is 10 + 0.1*CA-Lvl seconds and 15 + 0.15*CA-Lvl seconds with Conserve.
- It inflicts damage 0.5 + 0.003*CA-Lvl times per second.